- I will live in the present moment. I will not obsess about the past or worry about the future.
- I will cultivate the art of making connections. I will pay attention to how my life is intimately related to all life on the planet.
- I will be thankful for all the blessings in my life. I will spell out my days with a grammar of gratitude.
- I will practice hospitality in a world where too often strangers are feared, enemies are hated, and the "other" is shunned. I will welcome guests and alien ideas with graciousness.
- I will seek liberty and justice for all. I will work for a free and a fair world.
- I will add to the planet's fund of good will by practicing little acts of kindness, brief words of encouragement, and manifold expressions of courtesy.
- I will cultivate the skill of deep listening. I will remember that all things in the world want to be heard, as do the many voices inside me.
- I will practice reverence for life by seeing the sacred in, with, and under all things of the world.
- I will give up trying to hide, deny, or escape from my imperfections. I will listen to what my shadow side has to say to me.
- I will be willing to learn from the spiritual teachers all around me, however unlikely or unlike me they may be.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
It's two weeks into the New Year...so this seems like the perfect time to share a list of resolutions that were recently passed on to me. I hope they are encouraging, challenging and helpful in your spiritual formation for 2011.